Lf Info On Making Bride & Groom Figurine

Decorating By Classycakes Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 2:26pm by londonpeach

Classycakes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 5

I thought I would like to try my hand at making a fondant bride & groom figurine but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know of any tutorials or videos like U-tube that might be helpful?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
londonpeach Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 5

I'm in the process of making a bride and groom (the groom is in police uniform) I'm using the instuctions from Lindy Smiths book and find it easy to follow.
Bits of it have to be left to dry before you do the next bit, which i found out after making the skirt of the bride, not leaving it to dry (as the book says) and i put he body on, now the bride is lop sided icon_lol.gif so i've got to start her again.

I'm at a standstill at the mo as i've just had an op on my shoulder so i've gotta take it easy...luckily the bride and groom are not needed until end of march icon_biggrin.gif

This is a link to the figures i made t=for the first time using the same instructions.

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

bashini Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, I highly recommend aines2's tutorials. You can buy them online. When you know the basics, you can create anything. Here is the link to her blog,

Classycakes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 5

londonpeach, your figurines are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

Bashini, thank you for the link. I'll check it out.

I want to get as much information as I can because mine will probably turn out looking like Gumby icon_rolleyes.gif

londonpeach Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the lovely comment classy cakes, i've just looked at the other link and wow have i got a lot to learn icon_wink.gif

I'll get there in the end just gotta practise a bit more, I was looking at her workshop in London but I don't know if I can spare £100 for the day icon_cry.gif cake decorating is only a hobby for me so i don't want to spend loads...I spent enough on tools and books icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%