Pettinice Fondant

Decorating By Sixtoes Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 5:41pm by terrylee

Sixtoes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:40am
post #1 of 6

I am new to the fondant experience. I purchased some Wilton and found it horrible, so I practiced with it by covering the cake pans that I would be using.

Now, I have purchased a rolled fondant called Pettinice. Does anyone have any opinions on this brand and any tips in using it before I place it on my cake?

5 replies
Florimbio Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 6

It is good...easy to mork with..takes color well...I like the taste of MMF the best, but find it hard to work with and to color...Satin Ice is the best as far as tast and working with it, but it costs the most too...

tiggy2 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 6

It's taste much better then wilton, is easy to work with and the price is affordable. The best tasting I have found is chocopan but it is expensive.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 6

I use it a lot and it's very easy to work with, but I'm not so keen on the taste. I mix it 50/50 with Icecraft sugarpaste which is the opposite- tastes divine but it's difficult to work with! The mixture of the two gives a better taste and an easier workability, so maybe you can mix yours with something like Satin Ice for the same effect?

CakeMakar Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 6

Pettinice is really easy to work with, but I agree the taste is a bit off. My favorite flavor-wise is FondX, but it's really soft and you have to work some powdered sugar into it. I'd taste it and perhaps add some flavoring extracts, but you should have no problems working with it otherwise.

terrylee Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 6

There are several commercial types out there, and a several good recipes on CC for making your own and good may want to try them with time.

I prefer Satin ice for the white fondant, Wilton I use for modeling because it seems to dry fast and hard....for chocolate fondant I prefer is pretty good.....tastes a bit like tutsie roll, and easy to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%