My First Cookies By Design Cookie

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 12:24am by TracyLH

HeidiCrumbs Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

I am so excited!

My husband went to Chicago on a business trip this past week and he brought me back a Valentine cookie on a stick. He also took pictures of the store until they asked him to stop. He's gutsy, I would never do that.

Anyway, does anybody know what this recipe is? Or a clone similar to it? It was too thick for my personal liking but I know they ship so they have to be. Also, the icing was sooooo thin! For such a thick cookie I would have liked a tiny bit thicker icing. I'm assuming it was RI? And it seemed to be a bit undercooked which I like in a cookie. However, it seemed to have an immediate flour taste that didn't go away. Like uncooked flour.

Also, he took pictures to show me that all of their cookies weren't perfect, like some frosting had spotted, or the swirls weren't perfectly "swirly." I am a bit of a perfectionist and seeing this super famous cookie chain made me feel a bit more relaxed about decorating my own cookies. I think I just have too high of a standard for myself and need to chill a bit.

Sooooo, what are your experiences, if any, with CBD? Has anybody here ever worked there? Know any of their recipes? Just curious. Thanks!

5 replies
7yyrt Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 6

Here's an old thread on them. Perhaps it will help, as several ladies who worked there posted on it.

dsevans Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 6

i js made cookies on a stick ( i call them cookie pops) but the way i make mine is just an easy choco chip cookie recipes in the wilton heart shaped cookie pop pan , then i dip mine in chocolate ( be sure to let your cookie cool and set at least one day or they will fall apart during dipping) and then put a chocolate transfer sheet on for decoration, i need to go take some pics of them before my hubby eats what few i have left!

Dizzymaiden Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by dsevans

ichoco chip cookie recipes in the wilton heart shaped cookie pop pan , then i dip mine in chocolate

dsevans - great idea! Sounds sooo yummy - I would have to hide them from my DH too icon_lol.gif

dsevans Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:10am
post #5 of 6

they are very good and actually very easy to make... i made several bouquets out of them for diff. ppl.

TracyLH Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:24am
post #6 of 6

How cute that your DH was taking pics for you! They probably thought he was some spy! My Dh rode an aircraft carrier and came back with lots of picks for me... of the bakery! Row upon row of convection ovens and the biggest mixer I have ever seen! Trust me, he was the only guy taking pics of the bakery! Very cool!

Don't suffer the detailing. We all make mistakes. Hey, don't the Amish purposely put a mistake on each quilt? I fully understand being a perfectionist, but don't let it slow you down. I find I learn SO much by my mistakes and have come up with some great techniques by playing off of what I learn. You are doing great! Keep up the good work! Oh, and tell your DH he is cool! thumbs_up.gif How sweet that he is trying to show you that their work is not 'perfect'.

Quote by @%username% on %date%