Cake Life - Quick Question!

Baking By IcedTea4Me2 Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 4:02am by IcedTea4Me2

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #1 of 5

I have two birthday cakes to deliver by Saturday. One is chocolate WASC and one is regular WASC. They are both sheetcakes. (Children's parties!) Should I put them in the refrigerator (covered very well) until then or are they okay covered up unrefrigerated? I ask only because the recipe has sour cream in it. I'm thinking they're fine, but I want to make absolutely sure since these cakes are leaving my house. I know around here we leave cake out for days and it's fine.... but that's us. I don't want to take a chance on a child's birthday party being ruined!

Thanks.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:26am
post #2 of 5

Are they already decorated? If not wrap them well in Press N'seal Freezer wrap and put them in the freezer until ready to decorate.

IcedTea4Me2 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 5

They aren't decorated. I was going to do that tomorrow. Can I decorate them frozen (or while they're thawing out, technically)?

Lisa

ShariB-DivineDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShariB-DivineDesserts Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:24am
post #4 of 5

I freeze all the time to seal in the moisture and get rave reviews that my cakes are moist and have great flavor. After I take my cakes out of oven, I let them sit for 5 minutes, then turn out onto press n seal and put in freezer. When my partner gets ready to decorate, she takes them out and lets them sit for 5 minutes., then starts to sculpt/decorate. She has no problem and actually they are easier to handle. thumbs_up.gif

IcedTea4Me2 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:02am
post #5 of 5

Yes! I'm finally done. They are easier to handle and I just may have found a new way of doing things. You don't have as many crumb issues. I froze them last night and worked/finished them today while they were still cold. Thanks for your help!

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%