Candy/rkt Sushi!!!

Lounge By lindambc Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 11:19am by cutthecake

lindambc Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 8

I just had to share this with everyone!

We had my son's Valentine's Party today and one of the mom's made Candy Sushi for the class. When I first saw it I really thought she had made real sushi!

It was made by spreading rice krispy treats on a gree fruit roll up then laying gummi worms in the center. She rolled them up then cut them like sushi!

I have to say they tasted soo yummy! She also said that they taste better with red fruit roll ups but it takes away from the true sushi look!

7 replies
dbledet Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 8

That is so creative! I love it!!! icon_lol.gif

3GCakes Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 8

I love love love it. It looks so real! My sisters love sushi..I like some of it, but not all. I am going to do this at our next gathering! Thanks for posting!

shell62995 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 8

I remember seeing this on nick jr. How cute it looks! I love it when mommies make stuff to bring to class.

vickymacd Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 8

I make these for April Fools day too.
This is how mine turned out.
You can also make them out of Twinkies

lindambc Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #6 of 8

vickymacd, yours are great! I love your presentation. With the twinkies, do you just roll the twinkies in the fruit roll up? Those sound yummy too!!!

vickymacd Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 11:25am
post #7 of 8

Here's a pic of the Twinkies. Same idea except you cut the twinkies, stuff in the pieces of 'worms' and roll a piece of the Fruit Roll Up around the Twinkie. In the other persons sushi, it looked like they rolled the whole thing.

In mine, I only rolled the OUTSIDE of the Krispie or Twinkie.

cutthecake Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 11:19am
post #8 of 8

My niece saw RKT sushi at school, so I made some with her and her sister. We googled real sushi and RKT sushi for photos, and I bought a variety of gummy candies. Swedish fish are perfect for adding a fishy look!

Quote by @%username% on %date%