What Pan Should I Invest In?

Decorating By teswade Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 9:46pm by kakeladi

teswade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teswade Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 5

Right now I only have 8in circle, and 6in circle pans and I was wondering what else I should invest in. I like making unique things so I was thinking about the wonder mold. A sheet cake pan might be nice too. What pans do you use the most, just for casual baking for friends and family? What pans will I get the most use out of? Thanks for your help in advance!

4 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 5

I use mainly the 8-9 inch circle, 6 inch circle, 9x13 rectangle (AKA 1/4 sheet), wondermold, mini wondermold, and cupcake pans. You can use an oven safe bowl instead of the wondermold.
I have a 10 inch round that takes 2 cake mixes, and I'm using that more and more. This whole big cake all in one pan, is appealing to me.

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 5

For me, I just bought pans as I needed them. There is so much cake stuff out there that you could really go crazy! I just limit myself to whatever I need to finish what I am working on. Saves money!

need2sleep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need2sleep Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 5

I also bought stuff as I needed. I have a 10, 8, 6, 1/4 sheet, half sheet, a couple of dome pans a star pan and a winnie the pooh I used for my neice. Some springform pans for cheescakes and a couple of cupcake pans. Since I do cakes for my family and friends and we are alot of people, I do use them all regularly. Next I have my eye on the pans that look like paislies. So pretty...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

It depends on who/what you are baking for. A sheet pan would give you some varity.
BTW: if you match the cake pan size to the board & box sold as a 1/4 sheet you will find a 12x8 is a '1/4 sheet' not a 9x13.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%