Chocolate Lettering

Decorating By Danishwiz Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm by BeeBoos-8599_

Danishwiz Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 4

My brother and his wife are having their wedding blessed in the church since when they were married 4 years ago it was not in the church. Anyway, it will only be 20 people at the most and I wanted to make some nice cupcakes. I was thinking I could do their initials around a heart but I have never done this before. If anyone can give me tips on how to design it and how thick to make it so it won't break I would appriciate it. BTW, I want the letters to stand up on the cupcake.

3 replies
Florimbio Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 4

cut them out of gum psate and insert a tooth pick so they stand up...or you can cut out a shape...such as a heart and hand write with edibel markers thier monogram???

tracey1970 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:53am
post #3 of 4

If you want to do the letters in chocolate, there are lots of chocolate letter molds out there you can use. Wilton makes one. The letters are about an inch high and an inch wide. Chocolate melts are easy to work with and the letters will stand up.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 4

Either write or print out what you want on the computer then lay a piece of parchment over it and using candy melts in a piping bag simply trace it. Let set up and carefully peel it off the parchment. Stand them up on the cupcakes. You may need to try different tips but a #3 round or a #5 round should work well. I can never write on cakes so I normally make my letters out of melted chocolate then place them on the cake. I write them a few times so that if there is breakage I have a replacement. You can just pop the extras in a ziplock for use later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%