In Need Of A Caramel Filling Recipe That Does Not Need Ref.

Decorating By butternut Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 7:42pm by malishka

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I've decided on a caramel flavored filling for my butter pecan cake. I have several recipes that are great but the problem is that they all require that the cake be refrigerated. Does anyone have a recipe that they wouldn't mind sharing? Also, if it comes down to it, I could add some flavoring into my regular buttercream but I'd like something that would stand out a bit more. I had thought of the possibility of adding some caramel topping or Delche de Leche to the buttercream but the jars of both of those say that it needs to be refrigerated once opened so I'm wondering if it is added to buttercream if it still would require refrigeration? I'm thinking maybe the sugar in the buttercream may preserve it? Any suggestions would be, oh so greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!

2 replies
butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 3

Good morning. Looks like I'm not the only one that can't think of a caramel filling that doesn't need refrigeration icon_lol.gif Just wondering if I just flavor my buttercream, which do you think would be best to use, Torani Caramel flavoring or Lorann? Also, thinking about chopping up some pecans in it as well. Ok, thanks again.. Have a GREAT day.

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 3

The caramel recipe I have requires milk and butter. So, you can use crisco shortening instead of butter and soy non dairy milk instead of the real stuff.
I have never tried that myself. Just a thought.
i got my caramel frosting from the cake mix doctor.

Have you tried adding Loranne flavored caramel oil to your buttercream? don't know how much you would need, just add and mix a little at a time and taste as you go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%