How Do You Make Icecream Cone Cupcakes?

Baking By mom2my3girlz Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 5:05pm by jlynnw

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 9

I think they are soo cute. How do you bake them in the cone? How do they stay still? I wanted to make some for classroom party. I think they are so cute but I dont know how to make them. Help me Please!!!

8 replies
LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 9

You just buy the ice cream cones Make the cake batter as directed on box. Fill each cup 2/3 full of batter.
Stand cones in 13X9-inch baking pan or in muffin pan cups. Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 9

MmmmHmmm ^^What she said is right^^

you can place them in plastic 10 ounce solo brand cups (or other disposable plastic party cup) and place candy around the base inside the cup to help the stand and transport them easier.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 9

I can't pipe a straight line or make a cake level after torting to save my soul, icon_rolleyes.gif so I think getting the filled cones to the oven on a cookie sheet or 9 X 13 pan is not a option unless the cones are propped up by something! Any ideas!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 9

I set my cones into a mini muffin pan and had no problems! One thing remember is that they are light when you remove them from the oven so take them out slowly so they don't knock over and crush, go ahead, ask me how I know this... icon_wink.gif

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 9

Did you try them, how did they turn out? I want to attempt them soon as well and heard to just use a muffin or cupcake pan to hold them still.

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 9

I made some for valentine and I bought the jumbo cones (12 in abox) and it was a great size for kids and adults, I baked most of them in a cookie sheet and it worked perfect. You can see the pincture in the gallerie

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:41pm
post #8 of 9

Do you have any oven proof dinnerware? What about setting each one in a coffee cup? My mom and I won a contest with these when I was like 6. Can't remember how we baked them, but I do know that we used white cake mix, chopped marachino cherries, and crushed Heath bars. UMMM! HTH icon_smile.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 5:05pm
post #9 of 9

to transport, I used the wilton 3 - 1 box. I think it is wilton. For 9x13, minis or standard cc. they hold the base and the cover is tall enough. If you don't have one, maybe you could just use the pan in a box???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%