This May Be A Stupid Question, But

Business By karateka Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 7

I can't find where it's been addressed before.

I am applying to be a new internet customer to Bakery Crafts. They want me to fill out a credit app with 2 business references.

The two companies I buy my stuff from (99% of it) are Country Kitchen and Cincinnati Cake and Candy. Would it be bad form to just list them without calling for permission?

I have an impeccable record with them always paying with a business credit card, so they really can't say anything bad about me, I just worry whether it would make them mad that I didn't ask for permission to name them.

What do you think?

They ask for my acount number for each of these companies, which I don't have since it's not a credit buy so much as a credit card buy....KWIM? Does that make a difference? I put on the form that I don't have an account # with either of them, just pay with plastic.

6 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 7

Not sure about in the food world, but I do occasional admin work for an interior designer, and dealt with all her credit apps. - filling in and faxing forms, etc. She didn't ask permission from her two referees.

dsevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsevans Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

i would call bakery crafts and tell them you are not a credit customer you alwasy prepay your stuff, especially if you plane to handle your account with them the same way, go ahead and put your two references but obviously not account number, I buy alot of wholesale from diff vendors but since i pre pay i typically just call and then they do not need the "credit" ref.

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 7

I order from Bakery Crafts, and didn't have to fill out all of that. I prepay by debit card, and have no problems at all. Shipments are delivered within a couple of days, and people are very helpful.

I'd contact them & tell them that I was prepaying, not trying to create an account (to charge ) with them.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 7

I had this same question when I opened my accout with CK......I was brand new and I wasn't a customer of anyone else yet, so that's what I put on the app. in the reference section.

Plus, like a lot of others here I prepay everything so it probably didn't matter anyway icon_lol.gif

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 7

I went through the same thing! You only need to fill out that application if you plan to purchase your items on credit. If you are using a credit card and paying for all order at time of purchase, it's not necessary...

Tammi

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%