You Gotta Love Them Clients...

Decorating By bakery_chick Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm by bakery_chick

bakery_chick Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 7:42am
post #1 of 8

I have two clients (husband and wife restaurant owners). They are constantly hitting me up for last minute cakes, but today was the topper. A week and a half ago the husband calls me up. They are thinking about ordering the same cakes they got from me last year; they were just thinking of changing the flavor. 20 sweetheart cakes. They were thinking of red velvet, but since he had never had red velvet he would like a sample. He not only wants a sample but a single sweetheart cake so they can try it AND they can check out the decoration. (I have pictures of the cakes I did last year in my book) Fine. I make the cake. They don't show up. They call 2 days later and ask if the cake is still here. We tell that it is and they say "we'll be there today!" They don't show up. He called tonight and asked, "Are you mad at me?" My response was no. Then he proceeds to "let me know" that they are going to go ahead with the cakes for Saturday.
As politely as possible, I let them know that that was damn near impossible.

3 days to make 20 cakes on Valentines???!!!
Well I can only do what I can do...

7 replies
karateka Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:38am
post #2 of 8

Who says we gotta love them? Are they nuts?

Auryn Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 8

i would send them a bill for the cake you made that was never picked up

talk about being jerky (them not you)

cakesdivine Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 8

Just wave your magic wand and PRESTO...20 Cakes done...

That is how you do it right?.....LOL!

-Tubbs Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 8

Do you love them? (they don't sound very lovable to me!) If not, I'd be politely telling them where they could insert those 20 cakes and their last minute orders.

bakery_chick Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the support!
I knew I could count on y'all for a pick-me-up after that.

chutzpah Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 8

Ah don' know 'bout you, missy, but all mah cakes come a' shootin' outta mah @$$ already decorated!

Wankers.

bakery_chick Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 8

LMAO!!!
My staff thinks I am crazy because I have been sitting in my office cracking up for the last 3 minutes straight!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%