Opinions On Logo...please

Business By Karissa13 Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 8:36pm by snarkybaker

Karissa13 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:24am
post #1 of 21

Had the inspection last Friday and passed. So now that the legal thing is out of the way I want to get some business cards ordered but would like any opinions/suggestions on the logo.

Thanks in advance!

20 replies
cakesdivine Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:31am
post #2 of 21

bummer...can't see the jpeg. It just has that red X in a white box showing. It might be too big a jpeg to actually show.

sugarwishes Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:53am
post #3 of 21

I love the design but I'm not sure about the font, it took me a few minutes to make out that it said "crumBtious" and at the bottom where it says "and bakes" it looks like "cakes" I really like the font just not the "b" BUT the colors, name and picture looks great, that is my only critique.

cakesdivine Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:04am
post #4 of 21

ooh I see it now..I agree with sugar wishes. the font is hard to read and the word bakes looks like cakes.

Frankyola Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #5 of 21
Originally Posted by sugar wishes

I love the design but I'm not sure about the font, it took me a few minutes to make out that it said "crumBtious" and at the bottom where it says "and bakes" it looks like "cakes" I really like the font just not the "b" BUT the colors, name and picture looks great, that is my only critique.

I am totally agree thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

alanaj Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:18am
post #6 of 21

Ditto. Love the logo but the font is hard to read. Congrats!

cookie_fun Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:25am
post #7 of 21

I have to agree, the font is not so hot. I also had a hard time with that "B" in both crumbtious and in the bakes.
The colors and image are very nice though.

Congrats on your new business!

evasmama Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:26am
post #8 of 21

I agree with the others on the font being hard to read. Also, I'm not crazy about the purple and green combo; it always makes me think of The Joker from Batman.

chutzpah Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #9 of 21

The logo itself is really, really cute! The shape is great and the cake is adorable!

....... but the colors are not, and the font needs to be changed so it's legible to most! Also, and this is probably just me personally, but I don't like the 'crumbtious' part. But again, thatmight just be me.... I'm allergic to 'cutesy'.

veejaytx Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:08am
post #10 of 21

Is "crumbitious" a combination of some sort, I'm not sure I've ever seen/heard the word. Is it maybe "crumbalitious" shortened.

I do agree that the logo is nice, just curious about the word itself.

tjrobin31 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:08am
post #11 of 21

i agree the logo is super cute, but the font is hard to read ,
i thought it said crumbtious cakes and cakes, i now see it's cakes and bakes..
very cute name, and congratulations on passing inspection
good luck!!!

Terri05 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:18am
post #12 of 21

I think it is a play on scrumptious (sp?)

osorio Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #13 of 21

I like the colors and the cake on the logo but not the letters.

Ballymena Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 9:31pm
post #14 of 21

I agree with the font making the words hard to figure out. I understand you wanting to be creative but legibility is more important. I have been a graphic designer for 30 years now and here's a test for you to try. Size down your logo to a return address size on an envelope. If any part of it becomes hard to read or undecipherable then you have a problem in that area and it needs to be simplified. Remember, your logo will be used small, business cards, envelopes, invoices etc., more than in a large format. Good luck.

Evoir Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 10:25pm
post #15 of 21

Personally, I think 'crumbtious' is a bit of an awkward word, though I understand the thinking behind it.

The biggest issue though is the font, though, as others have said.

Good luck with the business!!

Karissa13 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:08pm
post #16 of 21

Thank you to everyone for your input. I am having the logo tweaked a bit with the suggestions.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 6:19pm
post #17 of 21

I am one of those people that likes symmetry. To my eye, the 'Crumbitious' should be at the top and the 'Cakes & Bakes' should be at the bottom. Also, it make it flow better when I say it that way. However, if your store name is just 'Crumbitious Cakes' and you are adding the 'and bakes' for additional info, than it should stay that way.

Good luck and have fun in your new venture! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:23pm
post #18 of 21

Congrats on your business! I think your logo and name are super cute. And I actually love the font....it's just the "b" on bakes that is hard to read. What if you capitalized it? Just a thought. Anyway, good luck!!

springlakecake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:13pm
post #19 of 21

I get the play on the word crumbtious, but I too (at first) though it said crumblicious. I think since so many people are thinking it says something else (ie crumbitious etc) you might want to rethink your name? I think we are all sitting here sounding it out. You dont want people to not be able to find you in the phone book or internet because they cant remember your name.

Paul353 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:19pm
post #20 of 21

You also want to make sure your logo can be reproduced in multiple environments such as on website, window, sticker, stamp, etc. The design should work in color and in black and white. I think the amount of fine detail and texture may be difficult to reproduce.

snarkybaker Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 8:36pm
post #21 of 21

I think the logo is attractive. I think the name of the business is too long and the word crumbtious has too close a resonance to crummy...which is not what you want people to think of when they think of baked goods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%