8" Cookies--Fragile?

Baking By lhayes1976 Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 2:03pm by lchristi27

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 6

I have orders for 8" heart cookies for Valentines. I've never made cookies this large. Can I bag them or should I get boxes? This is one of those "I'll never do this again for this price".

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 6

I would get boxes. Those are some big cookies!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 6

I cut a cardboard backing to put them on, with a few dabs of frosting as glue. If they're too thin, they will break.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:15am
post #4 of 6

For my large 12" heart cookies I used foam board and cut out a "cake board" and covered it just like I would for a cake - then I can just use cellophane to wrap and tie with a bow....I think it was cheaper than boxes and takes up a lot less room![/img]
LL

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 6

For fragile cookies, I cut cakeboard to fit the cello bag and place two layers of parchment paper in between the cookie and the cakeboard to prevent the cakebaord from getting butter staining and detracting from the overall look. It has worked like a charm, even on my long-necked electric guitar cookies and those were plenty fragile. Worked great! thumbs_up.gif

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 6

Great idea! I just shipped some and am afraid they broke. will remember these tricks for next time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%