Dark Chocolate Rolled Sugar Cookie Taste?

Baking By tujy Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 1:10pm by tujy

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 5

i'm planning to make these for v'day coming up icon_smile.gif. for those who have made it before, what is the taste like, say in comparison to an oreo cookie (not including the cream)? should i cut back on the sugar?

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6959-Dark-Chocolate-Rolled-Sugar-Cookies.html

4 replies
Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:40am
post #2 of 5

I really like the taste of these cookies. They aren't as "chocolatey" as an Oreo, they are more of a brownie taste, but in cookie form. If you want it more chocolatey, I'd add melted unsweetened chocolate rather than cocoa powder. Or you can add the dark chocolate cocoa powder. The cookies have espresso powder in them so they have a little coffee flavor. I usually don't put in the full amount of espresso powder because I just want a hint of the coffee flavor. I don't think they are too sweet, which is good since it's usually covered with royal icing. I hope this helps. Maybe someone else can jump in and give their opinion, since everyone's is different!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 5

I like this recipe too. I used it for a kids' party last year, so didn't add the espresso.

You have to check to make sure they aren't over-cooking, because they are so dark brown you can't tell by colour.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:03am
post #4 of 5

I made these last night for VALENTINE'S day cookies. They have a mild chocolate flavor and you really can not taste the espresso. It just enhances the flavor of the cookie. They are a beautiful dark brown color. I cut two dozen small hearts and dipped them in to white chocolate half way and then drizzled dark chocolate on them. The rest of the dough I cut in to med hearts and covered them with white fondant that I imprinted with a swirl mat. I then brushed them with a little orchid pink lustre dust and they are beautiful. Hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 5

well i've finished making them and they're iced and ready to be given tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif . i'm so glad they kept their shape perfectly. i haven't actually tasted the final product yet because my sister stole all my spares heheh. i guess i'll just have to steal one off my bf later icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%