How Would You Serve These Without Making A Mess?

Decorating By JGMB Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 3:41am by misserica

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 7

I always look at the amazing creation on this site, but then wonder how they could be served without ending up in a mess.

Like, these awesome ice cream cones that were made for a school class -- how would the kids get them out of the cups?

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1189519.html

Or, these cool Kit Kat/M&M cakes -- when they are cut, don't the top candies fly all over?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1298851

Just curious -- it's not like a mess would deter me from eating them!!!!!!

6 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 7

If you read down through the comments she replied that there is enough room to get your fingers around the cone without messing up the icing. I am still waiting for a chance to make them. As for the M&M cake I don't know but would love to find out. Yum Yum.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 7

I think if you break the kit kats lengthwise the m&m cake wouldn't be all that hard to cut.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 7

I've done a cake with the top similar to the kitkat one, the bottom layer of M&Ms were mushed into the top frosting a bit. The loose ones on the top fell, but most of them stayed when it was cut.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 7

I was wondering about the cupcake cups, myself. I doubt my fat fingers could get in there, but my preschooler probably could. icon_smile.gif

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 7

I can't comment on the cupcakes, but I have made the kitkat cake. It's hard to cut, but I sliced between the bars, some fell off but I just put them on the plate with the cake. The M&M's stay in place well. It's just the kit kats that tend to come off. No one seems to mind the frosting covered kit kats on thier plates though icon_lol.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 3:41am
post #7 of 7

I made a kit kat cake for the superbowl and the M&M's stayed nicely on the top (smushed into the frosting) the kit kats stuck to the side of the cake with frosting but did come off a bit when I cut (I too cut in between the kit kats) but just like Reganlynn said, no one seemed to mind icing covered kit kats....I am actually making another one of these for a birthday party this weekend, everyone loves them and they are not too hard to make, certainly less time consuming than fondant and decor....thank goodness to the person who invented the kit kat cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%