Can Any Of You Make Fondant Figurines?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm by sheilabelle

aprilcake Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 8

A lady I work with wanted me to make her a fondant figurine of a pregnant lady sitting on top of a cake patting her stomach ... link shown below...

but I do not feel comfortable with it...i told her I would get on here and ask if any of you would be willing to make it for her...she said it does not have to be right on, just pastel colors. She needs it by march 1st. Is any of you willing to make it or know of anyone that would and how much? Thanks!

7 replies
brincess_b Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 8

i think you should give it a shot icon_smile.gif
if no one gets back with an offer, there are online shops that do figures, maybe you could find one that would deliver to you to put on a cake?

kakeladi Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 8

I would love to try it but the cost would be around $25.....which I doubt anyone would payicon_smile.gif

MacsMom Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 8

You can find tutorials online - even look at the Play Doh site.

It's a fairly simple figurine (no fingers, a drawn on mouth, hat covers the eyes) - YOU CAN DO IT!

janelwaters Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 8

I suggest that you go onto aine2's website and purchase her character tutorial - she is AMAZING and her instructions are fantastic - not to mention very reasonable in price.

it really is not as hard as it looks!!

Juds2323 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 8

I second aine2's tutorials. She even has a free face one. You can do it! My avatar is one I adapted from the tutorial and was inspired by one of her cakes.

Chlophiasmom Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm
post #7 of 8

I think you can do it. I tried it for the first time a few months ago and it wasn't as difficult as I assumed. It comes down to your ability to make a ball. I know you can do it. Pretend like it is playdoh and have fun with it.

sheilabelle Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 8

I also suggest Aine2. A very talanted person with a gift for instruction. You should at least check out her free tutorials.

Quote by @%username% on %date%