Fondant Babies

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm by luv_to_decorate

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4

Hey i think i know how to do this but need some more advise , Please
i made the Pea pod and this girl is having twins im doing her cake now i really dont want to make the bodies, just the little heads other that making them round what else could i do and what color would you do the fondant, and i really wanted to make them look like boys any ideals on that , Thanks a million

3 replies
KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 4

I'd keep it simple. I use copper coloring for skin tones (depending on how dark the skin, start with very little..it's potent!) and little curly cues on their heads for hair. Maybe put a blue bib on each?

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 4

Or you can get Sculpty clay molds for faces.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 4

I emailed the Sculpey comapny about their molds and they are not food safe. I don't know what they use in the molds and if it would even cause any harm if you use them with fondant but I had read on CC or somewhere that they are not food safe. They did reply back to my email and say they are not food safe. There are other cake decorating companies that carry food safe molds. I got one from the comapny with the first word sugar and last word craft. (it always blocks this name for some reason) A small blue bib sounds cute to show they are boys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%