My Moan About Postage Costs

Decorating By londonpeach Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm by Kiddiekakes

londonpeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 8

Oh well...sorry to moan on here but i'm off work after having an op on my shoulder, i've been on the net most of the day and i've been searching for moulds.

I did mention the mould on here before as I can't get it in the UK...the company have now e mailed me back and told me how to get the internatonal postage costs. I've looked and the postage is gonna cost $30.50 for a $10 mould icon_surprised.gif

So I will have to wait till my friend visits the US in May.

Why can't I get it here icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
Ruth0209 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 8

I hate having to order things off the internet! I pay as much for shipping as I do for the things I'm buying. Fondant is VERY heavy to ship!! Unfortunately, I can't get Satin Ice anywhere in town.

Now, I usually buy light weight objects like cutters with my order that won't add to the total shipping weight so I get the most out of the shipping cost. Drives me crazy, though.

brincess_b Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 8

i share ur pain! im away up north icon_smile.gif im going to bite the bullet and order some spinning leaf molds, their postage isnt extortionate (well, considering its light plastic, maybe it is, but i want the molds so bad!).
but i see so much stuff on us sites that i want - things that seam pretty basic like impression mats - that are so hard to find here!
i actually have a friend going out in may too.... mmm!

londonpeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 8

My problem is that my friend lives in Malta, she's going in May so will post it to me from Malta when she gets home icon_lol.gif

cathyscakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 8

I too am so mad about shipping costs. I was going to order a gumpaste mold, probably weighed less than an ounce, 2" thing, they wanted to charge me $8.00 for shipping. I couldn't believe it, they could have put it in a padded envelope or even a postage envelope, probably cost them a dollar. I wrote them and they defended their prices, so I told them that they lost a sale.

londonpeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:53pm
post #6 of 8

So postage is expensive within the US as well, you would think these companys make enough money, I understand it wont be cost price, i expect to pay a little bit more but the amount they add on is ridiculous. icon_mad.gif

I have some good shops within driving distance from me but I can't always get what i want....It's not that I need the mould, I just want it icon_redface.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 8

I noticed that shipping shot up when the price of gasoline went up so much in the U.S., which I understand. But now that gas is down again, they've left the shipping at the same price. Dirty dogs...!

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 8

It is also very expensive to have anything from the US shipped to me here in Canada so I feel your pain!!I think everywhere is feeling the global economic crunch in everything from food prices,postal,gasoline prices,housing etc...Hopefully in the next few months or even year things may settle down and even out a bit more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%