Yeah...my Local Cake Shop Sells Wilton Goods

Decorating By londonpeach Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm by londonpeach

londonpeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonpeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 8

I'm in the UK and after reading about bake even strips on this site i've been looking for them on the net but once i pay the postage they work out quite expensive.

I just called the shop i usually go to which is about 20 mins drive (the shop in town are so expensive so i wont go there out of principle icon_mad.gif ) and she has the bake even strips in stock so i'm going tomorrow to buy them.

She said they come in packs but she will split the pack for me if i want...not sure yet till i look at them, i'm not sure what i'm buying really icon_redface.gif

I'll be trying out the strips next week on a babyshower cake and cant wait...hubby wont be too happy though if I don't have to cut a big lump off the top of the cake icon_biggrin.gif

I thought i'd tell you all my exciting news as when i tell my hubby and son they just look bored and can't see why i'm soooo happy icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 8

lakeland stocks some of their things too!
xx

londonpeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 8

I don't think Lakeland had the bake even strips...I was looking a couple of weeks ago, the only prob with the mail order things is they sometimes work out expensive after postage.

I'm happy now though icon_biggrin.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 8

You can make decent substitutes by using a terry towel.

londonpeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 8

I've seen people mention using terry towel but i'm worried it would catch fire icon_rolleyes.gif

Think i'll just go and buy them tomorrow then i'll be happy....for now anyway icon_wink.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:56am
post #6 of 8

You soak it in water, just like the strips.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:31pm
post #7 of 8

Yes, I do the thing with old towels and bulldog clips. Work fine.

londonpeach Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 8

OK I believe that the towel thing works but I would sit and watch the cooker icon_redface.gif

Still gonna buy the strips icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%