Creamcheese Buttercream & Cake Balls

Decorating By CookiezNCupcakez Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 9:09pm by baycheeks1

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering why do ppl use CC BC as opposed to reg CC frosting? Is CC BC just rec BC with CC added ? Is CC BC ok to be out of the fridge like reg BC? Any info about this would be great!

How do you package your cake balls?

Thanks a bunch!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 4

Probably for the tasteicon_smile.gif Yes, it would be o.k. w/o refrigeration for a couple of days.
I have made cake balls w/o any icing added - the cake was moist enough it didn't need any. It's there mostly as a binder to make the crumbs stick together.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 4

Regarding packaging cake balls - I usually dip them in chocolate and they are pretty sturdy. But I make sure they are put in individual paper cups (mini are good) and pack them tight. I also put them in a box that is bubble wrapped. This is good for protection and freshness.

I prefer cream cheese to frosting -but you run the risk of the cc going bad...just a warning if these balls are shipping out for a few days.

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 4

You can use whatever flavor you like as a binding ingedient. I have used Peanut Butter, Nuttella and regualr BC before...so it's just what ever you want. Just as long as the cake sticks together.

As far as packaging, you can package them in like the little dessert/truffle boxes that are sold in Michaels or the cake decorating store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%