71 Cupcakes By Friday!

Baking By tarheelgirl Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 4:55pm by Bakingbythebeach

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 7

I am decorating 71 cupcakes to be delivered on Friday. I have already baked them and they are in the freezer. Would it be too soon to go ahead and start putting the icing on them and box for refrigeration? I don't want them tasting stale or days old. I have a massive amount of other orders plus a wedding cake due for Friday.

6 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 7

refrigerating the cc's will dry them out. Are they to be picked up and eaten on friday or picked up friday and eaten on saturday? If they are for a friday party then I'd say you can frost today and place in the cake box maybe covered in saran wrap. or you could frost them and then refreeze them.

Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 7

I used to work in several commercial kitchens, including grocery stores. They always baked and decorated ahead and then boxed and fridged' them. As long as they are covered, they should be fine. Don't feel bad, I'm doing 200 for my son's school (Sweetheart Ball) and 15 for his class. When they find out that you do somehting very well, you always get called on! I've baked all morning and have 136 done so far! I'll decorate tomorrow for Friday's delivery! I'm in the boat with you! Best wishes! icon_smile.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 7

I baked 7 dozen for a school christmas party. She picked them up on Thursday morning (so there were baked and iced on Wed) It snowed, they had no school until monday so I told them to leave them in the frig or garage until school and she said they we great.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

When they find out that you do somehting very well, you always get called on!

Oh.. I know that! These are for 2 school parties. The PTA just asked if I would donate 2 cakes for a charity drive which I have no problem with. It is for a great cause and I am happy to contribute.

They will be eaten on Friday! I just did not want these to taste like that had been sitting too long. Thanks for the help!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

I also have 6-7 doz to do for Fri/Sat too!
They are just a simple swirl and a few toppings I will be baking thursday morning and doing swirls thursday evening and Friday morning.

Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 7

I'm the PTO Vice Pres, so I can't say no!!!! Even if I wanted to! I'm up to 185 cupcakes done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%