Almond Bark

Decorating By shazp4 Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 1:01am by shazp4

shazp4 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 6

I have seen mentioned 'almond bark' - what is this?
Is there an Australian equivalent?


5 replies
sweetness_221 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure what it's called where you are, but almond bark is basically chocolate candy coating. It's like wilton's candy melts. You can find this stuff in grocery stores, by the chocolate chips and it just comes in vanilla and chocolate flavors. HTH.

msmeg Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 6

I believe it is called confectionary coating it is a cheap version of white chocolate.

on the package it is not really called almond bark there is no almond in it. It always said to make almond bark so people started calling it that.

shazp4 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for your posts - will check out the section with choc chips in the supermarket to see if we have anything that resembles what you've said. thumbs_up.gif


BakerzJoy Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 6

It's actually pretty good. I use it to dip strawberries and pretzels. I also coat it on ritz with peanut butter filling inside. There are alot of things you can do with it! Also, it's pretty cheap! Good luck!

shazp4 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 1:01am
post #6 of 6

Thanks - when I find it that will give me some more things to do with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%