Bad Baking Day!

Decorating By pastryjen Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 2:48am by mom2rascals

pastryjen Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:17am
post #1 of 3

Just need to vent - not a "true" disaster but not good either.

A little behind in my personal baking this week due to colds on the weekend. I'm feeling better now and thought I'd better get a move on.

Had just enough flour to make NFSC - maybe 1/4 c extra. The flour is just not mixing in right and the dough is very crumbly. Tasted it...forgot the sugar. icon_surprised.gif Had to run out to the store with cranky ds in tow. icon_cry.gif

Made some squares before dinner - bowl wasn't big enough - huge mess everywhere. Didn't mix as well as usual - final product might not be good enough to serve to my company Thursday and I may have to rebake! icon_cry.gif

Made a batch of Indydebi's bc...tastes really off, tried to salvage it by adding a ton more vanilla...realized I had bought a store brand dream whip that I hadn't tried before - it's gross. Whole batch wasted! icon_cry.gif

My day better go way better tomorrow!

2 replies
baker2699 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:38am
post #2 of 3

aww sorry to hear you had a crummy day.. no pun intended unless it makes you feel better.. icon_smile.gif
I think all of us have those days.. I wish mine wasn't lasting so long.. I had a cake nightmare and Ive been on a 4 month break but I have a full time job too so it wasn't that big of an issue.. but i need to get my mojo back because dh was laid off and we could use the extra cash.. so i need my motivation lol

Chin up and Happy Baking!

mom2rascals Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:48am
post #3 of 3

Wow! This was totally ME last weekend!! I feel for ya, honey. I had a massive case of the flu and had to try my darndest to NOT contaminate the cake! I must've washed my hands 70 times - so much that the skin on my hands were cracking & splitting. It was so painful. Like you, my cakes weren't working out & I had to rebake some pieces and, in some cases replan altogether (RKT instead). I've also learned NOT to trust your tastebuds when you're sick! Thank goodness its all over!

I sincerely hope your day tomorrow goes well, you deserve it! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%