Fondant Question

Decorating By tchrmom Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 6:37pm by fat-sissy

tchrmom Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:17am
post #1 of 4

Can I roll and cut fondant pieces to decorate a cake a day or two before I use them? If so, how do I store them? Waxed paper? Sealed container or not?

3 replies
fat-sissy Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:42am
post #2 of 4

I do as much work ahead of time as I can. I always cut my fondant accent pieces ahead of time. Beware though that if you are using MMF that you made, pink and lavender fades pretty fast. Keep it out of the light when storing your pieces. I did pink roses this past weekend on Friday for a cake I delivered Sunday. (It's in my photos.) Even in my cupboard they faded slightly. If you are working with purchased fondant it won't fade so much. I usually don't cover the pieces with wax paper or seal them in anything until they have dried. Once dried I put them in a container w/a lid. I have bow loops and daisies stored away for use at a later time.

tchrmom Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 11:11am
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I thought it would work. I just want some circles to lay on frosting for a baby shower cake. I made the fondant last night and wanted to roll it tonight to put together tomorrow night. I just hope it doesn't bleed into the white frosting as it sits- especcially the one in the fridge due to cc frosting.

fat-sissy Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 4

You're welcome. I've never had any issues with bleeding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%