My Cake Is In A Magazine!

Decorating By trumpetmidget Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 6:11pm by VeeJayOne

trumpetmidget Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:14am
post #1 of 19

I made a cake in the shape of a pipe organ (it's in my album) in October for a church's pipe organ celebration/concert. It was about 100 pounds and was the biggest cake I've made to date. Very cool. I found out today that the picture and my name has been published in The American Organist magazine, which is a national magazine and it will also be published in another magazine called "Worship Arts". I know pretty much all of you don't get these magazines or haven't even heard of them, but I am still really excited about it and I had to share with people who would understand my excitement. It is just too cool! I wish there was a link I could show you, but I don't know one. There's no article - it's just a picture with a caption underneath. It doesn't even make sense the page it's on, but it is there. How cool is that? Thanks for letting me share! icon_biggrin.gif

18 replies
rebekahjohnson81 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:18am
post #2 of 19

congrats. those are some spectacular cakes you make. icon_biggrin.gif

cakeladyatLA Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 19

Awesome, really happy for you!
Patty*

kaytec Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:26am
post #4 of 19

Congrats! Make sure you get your self a few copies

stresseddesserts Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:31am
post #5 of 19

thumbs_up.gif good job! Keep them coming!

indydebi Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 3:31am
post #6 of 19

It's super exciting to hear that it will be in TWO magazines ... and they're not even cake magazines!

Yes, get lots of copies .... frame at least one! thumbs_up.gif

Susie53 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:00am
post #7 of 19

Congratulations, you have some amazing cakes in your gallery! I agree with indydebi on framing at least one of them. thumbs_up.gif

tjrobin31 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:03am
post #8 of 19

how awesome for you, you're cakes are great.
i see more magazines in your future for sure!!!!!

cookie_fun Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:04am
post #9 of 19

That is so cool! Congratulations! You have some really nice cakes in your gallery too!

Wildrose6633 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #10 of 19

Wow Cool Beans How wonderful for you. The Organ cake is really amazing, so is the piano cake. thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:28am
post #11 of 19

Congratulations on being in the magazine! Your cakes are gorgeous!!!

biviana Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #12 of 19

COngratulations! Your cakes are really nice.

biviana Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:39am
post #13 of 19

COngratulations! Your cakes are really nice.

lostincake Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 4:40am
post #14 of 19

Way to go...that cake is impressive. I think most of us would be excited too if we were featured in any medium regardless if it's cake related or not. So you should be excited and proud - I know if it were me I'd be jumping up & down and bouncing off the walls. icon_wink.gif

VeeJayOne Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:28am
post #15 of 19

What an honor!

I was looking for some ideas the other day for a cake I need to do for my daughter's church. They are celebrating their 150th anniversary. I decided to do a tiered cake with each level signifying something. I saw your alter and choir and hope to incorporate something like that in my cake. You've certainly inspired me to try. The tough part will be to make the little people and choir robes. I'll post when I've finished.

JanH Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 8:17am
post #16 of 19

Wow!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

It's a real accomplishment to get non-cake people to appreciate the talent and hard work that goes into creating a great 3D cake (and especially one of such large proportions). judge.gifbirthday.gifparty.gif

You Rule! thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:01pm
post #17 of 19

Wow, that's so awesome..........Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif I'm sure it's the first of many for you, your work is excellent!

trumpetmidget Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 7:54pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks for all the positive support! VeeJay - the people on the gingerbread were really, REALLY easy to make. I used ice cream cones, wrapped fondant around it, made some sleave looking parts and attached then painted the blue on. I attached the head with a toothpick.
I am super excited. Thanks again for the support!

VeeJayOne Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:11pm
post #19 of 19

I did it. You were right, they were easy to make. I'm posting my cake today.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%