Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By kilikina_24 Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 2:28pm by kilikina_24

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 6

This may seem dumb but I'm hoping for a little advice. I'd love to make a cupcake bouquet for my son's teachers for Valentine's day. I think I understand how to make it but here's the problem--I'm not sure how to get them to them safely! Should I try to box them up or wrap them loosley.....

Has anyone doen this before and can give me some tips? Thanks!!!

5 replies
buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:55am
post #2 of 6

I don't know the answer, but would love to! Hopefully this will keep you on the front page a little longer!

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:02am
post #3 of 6

Bump

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:25am
post #4 of 6

I've made quite a few cupcake bouquets and usually I don't cover them with anything. Sometimes though, I've wrapped plastic wrap around them. I use a crusting buttercream so once the frosting is set, it won't be pulled up by the plastic wrap. You could also use that cellophane ( like Easter baskets are wrapped in) to wrap them.

I just transport them in a box supported by towels so they won't tip over.
Another way I've heard but haven't tried yet is to cut holes in a carboard box the same size as the container the bouquet is in. Turn the box upside down and stick each container in the hole. This will hold them in place as you travel. Hope that makes sense.

KimAZ

red0027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
red0027 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 5:40am
post #5 of 6

I've always used cellophane. You can get it at any Wal-Mart and in multiple colors. It keeps the cupcakes safe from any type of wind and dirt plus it adds a pretty touch if you use a ribbon that matches the theme. Hope this helps!

Steph

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 6

Thank ya'll so much! I think my brain is fried lately and I couldn't figure out the best way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%