Color Suggestions Using Black, Fuschia And Lime

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 2:28pm by KrissieCakes

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 10

two tier cake...bridesmaids wearing black dress with fuschia sash and flowers will be lime and fushia...shower cake requested using same colors...suggestions, pictures? help

9 replies
dsevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsevans Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:04am
post #2 of 10

i would do a white buttercram and then wither in buttercream or fondant ( whatever their taste is do one the bottom narrow black pin stripes with slightly thicker lime and fuschia ones on the top tier maybe do different size circle in each of the colrs and the do a large blac fondant bow as the topper, fun yet classy!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:07am
post #3 of 10

I LOVE those colors together! What is the theme of the shower, do you know yet? I would try to match that. That said, my first instinct was zebra stripes! (of course, I just made one so it's on my brain right now).

Another totally different direction could be to make a damask pattern; white cake with black damask and fushia flowers with lime leaves, or even fuschia icing with black damask and white, lime and black accents, (or vice versa; lime, with bl. damask, etc.). And if you really wanted to kick it up you could maybe use black icing and do the damask with lime or fuschia. I just hate to use that much black icing; everyone will scrape it off because of the mess it makes of your lips and teeth!

I have no idea if that was any help or not, but since no-one else had answered yet I thought I'd throw it out there.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:17am
post #4 of 10

How about something like this:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=910983

with lime green flowers? Fresh or silk? Or add a thinner lime green ribbon with the black and pink, and then make a monogram topper?

I just have always liked this cake...

cakecrumb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumb Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:35am
post #5 of 10

i'm picturng something modern and fun. black piping and damask work is so in now... you should try searching for pictures with those elements.
if i had the time, i would search the gallery with you but i'm just doing a quick Cake Central "drive-by" right now and have no time. icon_cool.gif

good luck and i can't wait to see what you come up with! icon_smile.gif

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:36am
post #6 of 10

I would do a white cake, black ribbon at the bottom and fushia and lime green gerbera daisies. I think that would really pop.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 10

thank you ALL! I just love all your ideas...as for the damask, I have never attempted anything like that but would love to try. It is lovely.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm
post #8 of 10

Great ideas from everyone...REMEMBER...Whatever you do...post pics. Would love to see it.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:16pm
post #9 of 10

Just saw this cake in another thread that seems to incorporate the colours you are using - minus the Gerberas (sp?).

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=617556&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Might help with some ideas

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%