Will Someone Please

Decorating By kkitchen Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 6:08pm by Ruth0209

kkitchen Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 7

share a lemon cake recipe with me? I need one that can stack and possibly carve. I have been trying so many recipes with no good results. Thanks a lot

6 replies
messy_chef Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 7

I've done lemon starting off with kakeladi's WASC recipe, but subbing lemon cake mix and lemon extract. It will hold up great to carving.

Dizzymaiden Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:45pm
post #3 of 7

Because this is denser than a sponge or box cake it will hold up to carving and fillings.

1 c. + 2 tbsp. butter, softened
2 1/4 c. sugar
6 eggs, separated
3 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. + 2 tbsp. milk
3/4 tsp. lemon rind
1 3/4 tsp. lemon juice
Lemon Filling
Additional lemon rind
Lemon twist

Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of electric mixer. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until soft peaks form; fold into batter.

Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9" round cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely.

Split each layer in half horizontally. Spread lemon filling between layers and on top; garnish with additional lemon rind and lemon twist, if desired. Yield: 1 (9") layer cake.

2 1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. + 1 1/2 tbsp. all purpose flour
2 tbsp. grated lemon rind
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. butter

Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat. Add butter; stir until melted. Cool. Yield: about 2 1/2 cups.

Ruth0209 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 7

This is an excellent recipe. Not too dense, but sturdy enough to carve. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2022-Easy-Lemon-Pound-Cake.html

There have been numerous threads lately asking for lemon cake recipes. Try searching the forums for lemon cake and you should be able to find them.

kkitchen Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you all so much - sorry I am late to say thanks, I never got a notice that there were messages. Thank you all very very much. I will try them. Thanks a lot

7yyrt Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 7

TrinaR, when you start a thread you have to click 'watch this topic for replies'. It won't do it automatically, unlike when you post on an existing thread.

Ruth0209 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 7

I think you can also set it on your Profile to always automatically get notified when anyone posts to a topic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%