How Do U Store Ur Cookie Cutters?!

Decorating By CookiezNCupcakez Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 11:28pm by Amifsud

CookiezNCupcakez Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 9

I have a collection of nearly 200 cutters and I currently store them in big clear freezer bags ... I try to keep them organized buy keeping the different themes together...There must be a better way!

8 replies
PinkZiab Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 9

I have them sorted by theme in clear sterilite boxes with double hinged lids, clearly labeled and stacked on shelves.

sahrow Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 9

You are pretty organized I think!

I have tons of cutters (not sure how many- I haven't counted).

I have a plastic bin, and they are all just thrown in. *lol* Well, the ones that came in a plastic canister are still kept in the canisters, but that's as far as it goes.

You could easily take your bags and place them in a bin so they are standing upright- like a file folder sort of thing.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 9

How about a drawer unit, like this? I have one that I use for craft supplies, but have been thinking of getting another for cake supplies and cookie cutters. I got mine at BJ's. I think Joann's has something similar, but it is all plastic.

What I like about it is the drawers are fairly shallow, so you don't have to dig around to find what you are looking for. If you put some of that grippy drawer liner in the bottom of each drawer, the cutters would not shift around and you will always be able to find what you are looking for.

yellobutterfly Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 9

oooohhh Barbaranne - I like that one, do you know how much they cost approx?

my cutters used to be like the OP's - in several gallon sized ziplocks! I went thru them all and sold the ones I didn't like/use and then purchased6 sterilite type shoe-box size w/lids attached from hobby lobby - they were only like $1.40 each. Then I have the cutters sorted by occasion...but I need to buy more boxes, now I'm starting to outgrow them again!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 9

3 years ago I paid $40 from BJ's. It seems that everyone has it now for $70. Joann's has these online only. Perhaps you could use a 40% coupon.

It also comes in a nice smoke color. I think if I was buying one now, I would get that if I wanted to keep it in the kitchen, or somewhere visible.
They also have another version that has some deeper drawers at the bottom and the shallow ones near the top for the same price.

Google 'rolling organizer' and you will find lots of places that have these.

I seem to remember seeing these in a store a few months ago.

CookiezNCupcakez Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you all for ur tips!
I would like to get a rolling cart at some point in time...when it in the budget!
I think I will try to"file" the cutters in their bags as I already have a clear storage been that is not being used icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again and keep the ideas coming thumbs_up.gif

Win Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 9

I've lost count of how many I truly have... I think I have collected since I was about 11 years old! Mine are stored in plastic freezer bags labeled by category (ex: hearts, leaves, circles, music, hands, spring, sports, etc.) I have been blessed with a lot of storage and have the bags filed alphabetically in canvas tote baskets. I know they are in ABC order so I just slide out the basket and pull out the bag that I will be using for my project.

Amifsud Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:28pm
post #9 of 9

I just came from Costco, they have a 15 Drawer Scrapbook paper Cart on Clearance for 29.97. It is made by Memory Stor and the drawers are half black and half white. They are discontinued so don't wait. I bought one on sunday and put it together and it is pretty nice. I will try to attach a link. I went back today to get another one and they were out but then went to another Costco and they had one. Also I have one that is made by Sterilite I think I got it at Target, it is also a craft cart.
I put colored scrapbook paper down on the bottom of the drawer to kind of match the season, like orange for halloween, fall. Red for xmas etc. and also labled the outside of the drawer. I stuck it in the closet but it is so much easier then how I had them before which is thrown in a rubbermaid crate. I could not attach it I will pm or email the photo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%