Asking Help From Canadians

Decorating By cakes22 Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 7:53pm by marmalade1687

cakes22 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 7

I am wondering if any of you know where you can buy high ratio shortening in Canada? I'm in Ontario, and I use normal crisco, but I am curious about the difference high-ratio shortening can make? If not, if you order online, who do you buy from?
TIA detective.gif

6 replies
cake-angel Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 7

From what I have been told -- In Ontario, you can get it from Bulk Barn. In Alberta - Make friends with a bakery that can get it for you.

BitsnBites Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 7

For sure you can get High ratio in Bulk Barn. It is sold as "High Ratio Shortening" and there is where I get it.

catin Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 7

I also get the High Ratio shortening from the Bulk Barn ...Its the only place that has it here is Sudbury Ontario .

Eisskween Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 7

Yep, you can get the high ratio at Bulk Barn! icon_biggrin.gif

saramachen Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 7

You can also buy it from McCalls if you are in the toronto area or from Klara Johnsons if you are around Cambridge.

marmalade1687 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 7

Whereabouts in Ontario are you? I'm in Ottawa, and I get mine from a restaurant supply store downtown called Tannis. (they don't ship have to go in to pick up).

Quote by @%username% on %date%