What Is A Good Price To Charge For This?

Decorating By klacrawford Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 4:19am by LeanneW

klacrawford Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #1 of 6

Dotty the dragon cake- Cake is made from ball pan. Then 18 egg cupcakes( making them like the ornament cupcakes). Dragon is going to sit on a bed of fondant leaves with 18 egg cupcakes sitting on bc grass. Im having a hard time with pricing and this is for a child in my class and the mother can afford to pay(is making it known that she wants to pay me nicely)- unlike most of my co-workers whom try to get two tiered cakes with fondant work off of me for 40 dollars.

5 replies
klacrawford Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 6

help pls icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:38am
post #3 of 6

No less than $8 a serving plus the cupcakes... my plain cupcakes are $3.50 each. Ball pan is - what? - 8-10 servings? So $80 is not enough... I would charge no less than $110 for the dragon cake part. I don't know how complicated the cupcakes will be so I can't help more there.

niccicola Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:40am
post #4 of 6

$125 plus $1 per cupcake

klutz Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:58am
post #5 of 6

Awwww...how adorable! $125 sounds reasonable for the cake, but the cupcakes would depend on how much work you put into them. I charge at least $1.25 for cupcakes with fondant on them, more if it is elaborate or time consuming. Our buttercream cupcakes we do for .75 each (just icing with a little flower on top). Again, anything more elaborat than that, it goes up.

LeanneW Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:19am
post #6 of 6

that dragon cake is so cool, where did you get that picture? I would love to see what else that cake maker has in her portfolio.

I would charge at least $100 for that cake, maybe even up to $150.00. are the egg cupcakes fondant too? I would charge $4 or $5 per egg, thats a lot of work.

my advice with people who say they "want to pay you well" they have no idea how much a custom carved cake really costs, be sure you know what your work is worth and don't compromise

Quote by @%username% on %date%