Cookie Bouquet Questions

Baking By deetmar Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm by Melvira

deetmar Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 7

I am sure this has been answered a 1,000 times before, but I am in a hurry and don't have time to read through all the posts, sorry. icon_cry.gif

When do you put the stick into the cookie? Are there any tircks I need to learn bfore I do this. I have baked hundreds of cookies, but have never done a bouguet. Guess what everybody wants for Valentines Day? You guessed, cookie bouquest.

I appreciate all of your help.

6 replies
KrissieCakes Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 7

Here's a nice little tutorial from Cake Journal!

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cookie-lolly

BitsnBites Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:41am
post #3 of 7

You put the stick in before you bake the cookies. If the stick pokes out of the back, I just patch it up with a little more dough. It's hardly noticeable when cookies are cooked. I put the stick in when cookies are cold or frozen.

Hope this helps.

Melvira Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:44am
post #4 of 7

I've found that it works great to use thicker sticks, I use caramel apple sticks. I roll the dough quite thick so you have a very substantial cookie, then slip the stick in, pointy side down, that way it can stick into the foam when arranging. This gives you a very solid bouquet.

deetmar Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the help!

GeminiRJ Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 7

There are a lot of different opinions on when is the best time to put in the stick. Some will do it before baking, some like doing it as soon as the cookies come out of the oven, and others will "glue" the stick on with melted chocolate or RI once the cookies have cooled. There are even some who will bag the cookies and glue the stick onto the bag. All methods are "right".

I prefer to lay the stick onto the cookie sheet, then place the cookie on top of the stick. Gently press the dough around the stick, and bake. I've never had a cookie fall off the stick, so I've been pretty pleased with this method. The disadvantage to baking the cookies with the stick in them is that you won't get as many cookies on the sheet. Experiment to see which method works best for you. Good luck!

Melvira Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 7

I guess I didn't mention specifically at what point I put the stick in! I do it before baking in most instances. I have tried it different ways, but with the sticks I use, they go through the oven with no trouble, and that way I know that cookie is really attached to that stick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%