Glass Slipper? Heeeeeeeeeeelllllpppp!!

Decorating By Funkybaker Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 12:19pm by psurrette

Funkybaker Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:09am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone..

I'm new to CC and have been lurking the shadows with my mouth hanging open from all the stunning cakes here..

Ok, I've very much a newbie when it comes to cake decorating. Everything, I've done thus far I've learned on this site. (You guys are better than my culinary school teachers! lol). Here is my question. I have an order for a pillow cake (not a problem, I did one this weekend) but he wants a GLASS SLIPPER on top. Any ideas on how I could create a shoe that emulates a glass slipper?

One other question, how much would you charge for a cake like this? I need to give him a quote tomorrow.

This due on Friday. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

3 replies
psurrette Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:26am
post #2 of 4

well, do you know how to use isomault? or hot poured sugar? if not then I would tell him you cant make it look like glass unless you go buy one.

Funkybaker Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

I did take a pulled sugar class when I was I was in culinary, but that was 8 years ago. I would be too afraid to mess with that stuff without assistance from someone more experienced.

I'm thinking I will just do either a gumpaste or chocolate molded shoe and use a shimmer dust on it.

psurrette Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thats what I would do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%