Frostin' Pride And Bettercreme

Decorating By sweet_teeth Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 1:27am by josumiko

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:52am
post #1 of 4

Hi all! Could anyone tell me the difference between Frostin' Pride and Bettercreme? I haven't had either of them before... and didn't want to go on a wild goose chase for Bettercreme if Frostin' Pride is basically as good since I can get it from the internet.

Also, has anyone ever tried Dixie's Icing?

Thanks for the help!!

3 replies
cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:11am
post #2 of 4

From what I have read and seen it seems like they are very similar. I've had Bettercreme before, I got it at Sam's Club.
They are both non-dairy whipped frostings. Think cool-whip in terms of taste and texture, but thicker.

HTH!

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:13am
post #3 of 4

Where did you find Frostin' Pride online??? I haven't had any luck.

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:27am
post #4 of 4

I have not had either of those, but I have used Pastry Pride which is made by the same company as Frostin' pride.
I love the taste of Pastry Pride, but must admit that the Pastry Pride Premium has a much better texture for icing the cake (less bubbles) and also tastes delicious. The only problem is that I can only get the Premium stuff in gallon cartons, which I usually can't use fast enough, so I get the regular and do the best I can (which is fine, since I pretty much only make cakes for family and friends).
I get Pastry Pride at Smart & Final, and I am pretty sure that they have both of the other ones that you mentioned, if you have one near by.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%