How Do I Do Pretty Piped Edging?

Decorating By slush Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm by rockysmommy

slush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slush Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 15

Hi, am newish here!

Just wondering if anyone minds telling me how to do the pretty piped border I've seen on quite a few cakes on here?
It looks a bit like folded petals coming out from the base of the cake.

Thanks to everyone on here for all their amazingly inspiring cakes and ideas. icon_smile.gif

14 replies
mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 15

Do you have a picture of what you mean? That will help the experts tell you how it's done once they know exactly what you are talking about. Notice I didn't say I was an expert. LOL But I figured I would help you out the best I could. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 15

I can't help you with that but, I just want to say welcome to CC thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
LL

Frankyola Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 15

find something I hope this can help you thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Frankyola Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 15

find something I hope this can help you thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif, on the right you will find more videos

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyola

I can't help you with that but, I just want to say welcome to CC thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Awww...Frankyola...how sweet! I am a newbie as well...this is a GREAT forum. People here are very nice and very helpful. i would like to welcome you as well.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 15

Slush...I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess you are talking about the ruffle border??? Here's the how-to link. http://www.wilton.com/technique/Ruffle If that is not it, there are 10 pages of other borders and cool things to check out! Welcome to the CC Family! Deb

Frankyola Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysmom

Quote:

Awww...Frankyola...how sweet! I am a newbie as well...this is a GREAT forum. People here are very nice and very helpful. i would like to welcome you as well.

Thank You rockysmom and Welcome to the group too, I see all you girls like my family, and if I can help you guys I am here for everything you need, Welcome again you will find an amazing people here. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
LL

rockysmommy Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:51pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysmom

Quote:

Thank You rockysmom and Welcome to the group too, I see all you girls like my family, and if I can help you guys I am here for everything you need, Welcome again you will find an amazing people here. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

THANK YOU!!!!! icon_wink.gif

slush Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 10:55pm
post #10 of 15

AAAH! Thank you so much everyone - you're all so sweet. I feel so supported and welcomed!!

Thanks Frankyola and Ddaigle for the links - Those are not quite what I mean but I don't know how to post a link to show you!

Am gonna try and see if I can work it out!

slush Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:20pm
post #11 of 15

I still couldn't work it out - so I've found a cake with the border I mean and I'll just type out the link - hope it works and thanks everyone so much for taking the time to help me out! icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1313396.html

It's a beautiful cake called 'steel magnolias' by gwu90

rockysmommy Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:32am
post #12 of 15

It is done with tip 352 (leaf tip). Here is a picture of a cake that I did using that tip.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1303688

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:31am
post #13 of 15

From looking at the photo, it doesn't look like a #352. Why not pm gwu90 since it is her cake? I would also like to know.

slush Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 11:37am
post #14 of 15

Thanks rockysmom - your cake is beautiful!

It doesn't look like the same edging though unless its the same tip used closer together. will pm gwu90 and let you know what she says.

rockysmommy Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by slush

Thanks rockysmom - your cake is beautiful!

It doesn't look like the same edging though unless its the same tip used closer together. will pm gwu90 and let you know what she says.

Thank you... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%