How Do You Wrap Up Your Cookie Bouquets?

Baking By kutabby Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 1:15am by cylstrial

kutabby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kutabby Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

I've seen them two ways: w/ the entire thing wrapped w/ cellophane wrap and w/ each cookie wrapped up. Does is depend on what it's for or where it's going?
I'm doing my first one for a business mixer tomorrow. It will be a door prize.

Also, how do you charge for bouquets? I'm assuming there is a charge on top of the per cookie charge, right? I'm hoping to start offering these and want to make sure I'm charging enough.

Thanks so much!

5 replies
bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 6

I've discovered over the last year that most people like the entire thing wrapped up in cellophane because it really gives that "wow" factor especially when given as a gift. I think I'd wrap the entire bouquet if it was for a door prize.

However, there are times when it's better to wrap each cookie individually in the bouquet. I'm doing a bouquet this week for a swim team dinner where each person will get a cookie to take home. Individually wrapped is good then.

For the $'s, I charge the same no matter which way they are wrapped. My bouquets start at $40 for 7 cookies. Each additional cookie is $2.75 and if a larger container is needed then I charge another $5 or more depending on the container chosen. I always think this is a lot for 7 cookies but you quickly find out they're a lot of work!!! So make sure you charge enough from the start.

Good luck with your bouquets!!!!!!!!!!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 6

If you wrap the entire bouquet (I tend not to), make sure each cookie is individually wrapped also. When they aren't, the cookies dry out.

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 12:03am
post #4 of 6

I always wrap each cookie. I put curly ribbon on each one and curl it. The people who buy them and receive them like them that way.

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

I've discovered over the last year that most people like the entire thing wrapped up in cellophane because it really gives that "wow" factor especially when given as a gift. I think I'd wrap the entire bouquet if it was for a door prize.

However, there are times when it's better to wrap each cookie individually in the bouquet. I'm doing a bouquet this week for a swim team dinner where each person will get a cookie to take home. Individually wrapped is good then.

For the $'s, I charge the same no matter which way they are wrapped. My bouquets start at $40 for 7 cookies. Each additional cookie is $2.75 and if a larger container is needed then I charge another $5 or more depending on the container chosen. I always think this is a lot for 7 cookies but you quickly find out they're a lot of work!!! So make sure you charge enough from the start.

Good luck with your bouquets!!!!!!!!!!

bakinccc - how much would you charge for a smaller boquet, like your 3-cookie mug?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 1:15am
post #6 of 6

I like it when I see the cookies individually wrapped! Just my two cents!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%