Castle Cakes

Decorating By grama_j Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm by grama_j

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 8

I FINALLY got an order for a CASTLE CAKE for this weekend...... I"m so excited ! But now I'm scared...... I've never made one, and I'm afraid the turrets will fall over..... she will be picking it up, and traveling about a half an hour....... I want a turret in each corner, and I know you cut out an area for them to fit, but now I'm lost..... will just icing hold it in place ? Is there something else I need to do to secure them ? Please help...... this is a returning customer, and I don't want to disappoint her. Thanks so much !

7 replies
grama_j Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 8

NO one on here this morning has made a castle cake ???

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 8

I haven't made one yet, but giving you a bump. icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 8

I made a castle cake recently. I used two cake cones and "glued" them together at the bottoms to make the towers. I used sugar cones for the turrets. I covered them with melted white chocolate. I carved out a section of the corners so they would fit. I put a toothpick into the towers at an angle and pushed that into the cake. I also piped some royal icing on the cake board where the towers would sit. I pressed the towers into the royal icing. I used chocolate covered "rocks" to cover the royal icing. I don't know how to add attachments, but if you go to my pictures on CC you will see the finished product. It held up well and traveled well.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 8

I have made several castle cakes with turrets using paper towel tubes covered in fondant and using pringle potato chip cans also covered.If you are using square cakes stacked in the middle then just cut a half circle piece of cake out on each corner.I make sure I have plenty of icing in the cake edge and the rolls/pringle cans.Once the cake is done keep it really cold and refridgerate it which helps keep the cake sturdy.HTH.

Laurel icon_smile.gif

cmoseley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmoseley Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 8

CakeBoss has a great tuturial on cake castles. Just go to CakeBoss.com.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 8

any towers that rest on the cake board, attach with some melted chocolate or royal icing, and pipe some fresh icing where they will touch the cake. any towers ontop of the cake, insert long dowels so the towers can be slide over them when she finally gets the cake to the location.

grama_j Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 8

I KNEW I could count on you people ! GREAT advice ! THANK YOU !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%