Roll Candy Clay

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 5:06pm by fat-sissy

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 3

I made candy clay to put on NFSC's last night after searching the forums and reading all about it. How in the world do I get it soft enough to roll icon_confused.gif ? I read about people using it to cover a cake, so there must be a way. Any insight is appreciated.

2 replies
MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 3

Hello icon_smile.gif

I actually just did this (the baby shower cake in my gallery). To soften it, I broke off small pieces at a time and kneaded it until it was pliable. You can also zap it in the microwave (20-30 sec on low power) to speed it up. After all the little pieces are soft, I kneaded them all together and rolled them out. I also sprinkled a bit of cornstarch down to prevent it from sticking to the mat/rolling pin. If it gets too warm and sticky, just let it sit for a little bit and it will cool off and firm back up. It's actually pretty fun to work with and takes color really nicely. Good luck...hope that helps!

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the help. I ended up diving it into 4. Zapped it for 10 sec and then kneaded it and rolled it thinly and cut it to put on my cookies.

I'm going to put it on heart cookies, so I used red candy melts. I can never get a large batch of MMF nice and red; so I thought I'd try the candy clay instead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%