Does anyone have a scratch recipe of Lemon Cake that they have tried and know works - that they are willing to share with me please? I have tried a few recipes and I have not gotten good results. Thanks a lot. I look forward to getting help from you all.
Thanks a lot
1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 extra-large eggs at room temperature
1/3 cup grated lemon zest (6 to 8 large lemons)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract .
For the glaze
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice .
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pans.
2. Cream the butter and 2 cups granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, for about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, one at a time, and the lemon zest.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean.
4. Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 cup lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves and makes a syrup. When the cakes are done, let them cool for 10 minutes, then invert them onto a rack set over a tray, and spoon the lemon syrup over the cakes. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
5. For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a bowl, mixing with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the cakes and allow the glaze to drizzle down the sides.
Thank you very much. I will let you know how it turns out
It's extremely generous of you to share your recipe, paola041277. I've been looking for a good lemon cake recipe, too, and I can't wait to try this one out. It looks very lemon-y, if you know what I mean: in other reecipes I've tried, the lemon flavor is so muted as to be unnoticeable.