Letting Frosted Cake Thaw...cover Or Not??

Decorating By yummyhobby Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 1:48am by prterrell

yummyhobby Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:07am
post #1 of 3

In the past, I've always let my frosted cakes thaw without anything covering them. Right now, I'm letting one thaw that I am finishing tomorrow morning for my son's 1st birthday pics. I tented it with one of those slow cooker liners with the thinking that the condensation would go there instead of the cake. Was I wrong to do this? Should I take it off and let it thaw and dry naturally? I always have to wait such a long time for it to dry, so that I can finish up...so I was thinking this may speed it up. icon_confused.gif I know this probably seems like such a silly thing to ask, but I still consider myself a newbie.

TIA!!

2 replies
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:21am
post #2 of 3

I am a total newbie here, but this topic has been discussed a few times since I joined like three weeks ago. I even posed the question once and the conversation went from thawing to bacteria real quick. There are some very passionate people here.

As best as I can tell from all the discussions, if your cake is unfrosted, you should leave it covered so that it doesn't dry out. If your cake is frosted, you should thaw it uncovered so that you don't get condensation on the frosting.

I don't really know as I have just started freezing cakes, but I think that logic makes sense. But I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

prterrell Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 3

Redlotusninjagrl, you're right on the money! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%