Perfect Chocolate Ganache Recipie For Dripping Off Cake

Baking By Bigbearswife Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 3:39am by calynmom

Bigbearswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bigbearswife Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking for a chocolate ganache recipe that will easyly drip off the sides of the cake for a cake im making for my husband. All the recipes that i have tried have either been to runny or way to stiff icon_sad.gif

i want to make him a white cake with chocolate ganache dripping off the sides for Valentines day but am running out of time to keep making bad batches of ganache icon_sad.gif

any recipes that you've used?

4 replies
Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 5

My favorite "dripping" chocolate is the Sarah Bernhardt recipe on this site. I'll do a search for it and post the link. I used it on several "dripping" cakes in my gallery (that sounds kind of gross but they are so yummy) and it really works great!! Here's one of them:

www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1282203

www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2315-0-Sarah-Bernhardt-Chocolate-Glaze.html

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:16am
post #3 of 5

I'm a newbie (both to CC and to cakes) and I used the SarahB. recipe to pour over a German Chocolate Cake I made for my dad's birthday tonight, and it turned out beautifully. Simple recipe and a wonderfully finished look.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2315-9-Sarah-Bernhardt-Chocolate-Glaze.html

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:21am
post #4 of 5
calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 3:39am
post #5 of 5

I use a very basic recipe but my tip would be is put the chocolate pieces in a container with a spout. I found these easier to make the nice drippings down the side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%