Total Electric Or Not?

Business By iletmn0 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm by chutzpah

iletmn0 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 7

Those with store fronts, are any of your shops total electric? I'm looking to lease a brand new spot and the darn thing is total electric and I'm not really interested in changing any of the systems since everything is brand new a/c, furnace, and tankless water heater. all electric including my deluxe ovens, mixers and other stuff.

Also, how many tons of a/c does your space have for those with small spaces under 1400sf and by appointment?

6 replies
cakesdivine Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 7

It isn't always bad to use all electric. That is what is in the kitchen I rent, but when I do get my storefront finally built, I already own an electric convection oven (that I love) and will stay all electric. I use to swear by gas, and I do prefer gas when cooking, but I love my electric conv. oven...can't wait to get to use it again! My cakes rise higher and bake more evenly in it!

CakeForte Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 7

I'm all electric as well. I'm still in the construction process, but it's cheaper and the risk is lower with electric versus having gas.

iletmn0 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 7

Cheaper as in the installation/code requirements or electric bill? The later is what I was questioning. Really don't want to see anything close to a $800 electric bill.

chutzpah Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 7

I'm all electric.

iletmn0 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:28pm
post #6 of 7
Originally Posted by chutzpah

I'm all electric.

Is this in your home or store front?If you don't mind me asking, how much does the electric cost. I know the the rates differ by area. I'm just trying to get a general idea of what to look forward too.

chutzpah Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 7

I have a shop, 39 square meters. I'm overseas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%