Toba's Glace---Flavoring Question

Baking By SweetPicks Updated 11 Feb 2009 , 12:43am by CakeDiva73

SweetPicks Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 7

Hello, I'm new here icon_smile.gif I was hoping someone could tell me how much flavoring to add to Toba's Glace recipe? I plan on flavoring with Vanilla.
Thanks so much!!

6 replies
kneadacookie Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 1:15am
post #2 of 7

i believe the single batch calls for 1 tsp. i always make a double batch and add 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 tsp something else

SweetPicks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:27am
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much Kneadacookie, I appreciate your response! BTW, you do awesome work, love the look of your cookies!

Mickeebabe Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 7

Kneadacookie, do you have to refrigerate the cookies since they have milk in the glace? If not, how long do the cookies last?

Thanks so much. I need to make cookies for a Vegas wedding and I'm looking for a new icing to use and was hoping to try this one.

erinalicia Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 7

The sugar in the glace acts as a preservative. The amount of milk is so minimal that the ratio of sugar takes care of it. I've left a batch of glace out for over a week on the counter (in squeeze bottles) and it was just fine.

kneadacookie Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 7

definately do NOT refrigerate the cookies. it will mottle the colors. erin is correct. the sugar does act as a preservative. i have actually switched from milk to water. it works just as well. i do refrigerate the icing while i'm not using it.
thanks for the compliment sweetpicks

CakeDiva73 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 12:43am
post #7 of 7

I usually do half clear vanilla and half lemon to cut the sweetness - I am just not a fan of almond extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%