What Cupcake Wrappers For A Wedding?

Decorating By SaraClassic Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 8:24pm by SaraClassic

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 7

Ok so the cupcake wedding requests are on the rise... but other than those laser cut wrappers at $1 ea what do you use to make the cupcakes a bit nicer than just the plain wrappers?
I like the different color options on regular wrappers, and thought of making them, but cutting 200 of them is a bit more than I want to take on some days.
Any ideas would be great!
Thansk !

6 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 7

What about using the plain wrappers but wrapping a pretty ribbon around each one, you can use a thin ribbon and tie it in a bow and use the colors to match the wedding know it would be a lot of work but it may go really quick and it would look so beautiful and elegant! I can't think of anything else, unless somewhere sells really pretty decorative wrappers, anything you do will be a lot of work since you have to do so many. HTH

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 7

If the customer doesn't want to pay for the fancier wrappers, I'd just go with the silver foil ones. If someone wants ribbon or deco on the wrapper itself, they're gonna hafta pay for it!

SaraClassic Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 7

I thought about doign bows and using glue dots to put them on, wouldnt have to fight a tied ribbon to open it and saves a bit of ribbon too. Not sure how well it would work though.

dawnnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnnb Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 7

Check out www.cupcakewraptureshop.com. She offers wholesale pricing as well. If they're still too expensive I vote for the ribbon!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 7

There was a thread a while back discussing how to make your own cuppie wrappers using your own paper (scrapbook, etc). Here is one of the templates:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1236568

I can't remember who, but one CC member came up with the brilliant idea of using doilies, and cutting the lace part off to make the wrappers. I wish I could find that thread. It was quite brilliant!

You can buy different colored paper doilies. I wish I could remember the link, but the particular website referenced had all different colors - even black! You can probably Google it.

HTH!

SaraClassic Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the ides, and yes I remember the doilies... I went on a search and found the post again... looked for the photo actually and found it that way. You get 3 out of a 10 in I believe. Those will work great for the daisy cupcakes Im doing !
Geesh with all this info on here you dont even remember stuff youve looked at! So glad I have such great helpers, hope I can help someone in return!
Thanks again !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%