Barbie Cake - Color Advice

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 10:16pm by prterrell

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hello! I have been asked to make a barbie cake. She wants a 12" round on the bottom and barbie sitting on top of that. She wants barbie's dress light pink and then said she'd leave the rest up to me on how to incorporate purple and yellow into the design. I was thinking of putting flowers on her dress either purple with yellow centers, or vice versa. What do you think I should do with the bottom 12" cake? Make it the same color as Barbie's dress so it flows together, or make it another color? This is my first one so I thought I'd get some ideas from everyone.

Thank You!

3 replies
CakeliciousCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeliciousCreations Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 4

You could do barbie dressed in all pink with pink embellisments on her dress and have the 12' round decorated with purple and yellow flowers like she is walking through the flowers. just a thought.. have you searched under Barbie in the galleries to see what others have done with this? Have fun! Happy Caking

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 4

I would totally do the bottom in flowers...do the dress in pink with pink scroll work all over it in the same color...this looks so nice. Do a sash around the waist. You could run a white ruffle around the bottom of the dress for contrast and also an ending to the dress. But still flowers on the bottom. Good luck...I love doing Barbie cakes! I wish I had taken pictures of all of mine. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%