double post.. sorry.
LL
LL

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:31am
post #32 of 49

uhhh 3rd time for this post!

okay, here is the final product.

I eneded up painting the silicone molds and piping (so easy!) the cake balls. Then covered with a little candy melts. Piped on red messages.

Don't mind the random sayings icon_smile.gif just inside things between my bf and I. Also, i forgot to do all caps, and should have used a smaller tip than tip 1.
LL
LL

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:46am
post #33 of 49

What do you mean, painting the molds?

pinktea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinktea Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:56am
post #34 of 49

What a marvelous idea!!!! Love your packaging too. Imagine a customer's response thinking it is a regular old box of generic chocolates and WOW!!!

I am going out now to look for those mold. They should be half price now thumbs_up.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:59am
post #35 of 49

uhhh! I am so mad at CC right now. Sorry about the TRIPLE post. ergh.

okay, painting the mold. You literly paint (with a paint brush) the blue silicone mold with the candy melts to get a smooth finish. wait till they harden then pipe in the filling.

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #36 of 49

Thanks for sharing. Great idea, and they look really nice.

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:09am
post #37 of 49

Thanks Rocketgirl!

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:13am
post #38 of 49

MBHAZEL... i hoped that made sense icon_smile.gif

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:14am
post #39 of 49

OMG!!!! BRILLIANT!!! Thank you so much!!!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:22am
post #40 of 49

You piped the cakeball? How did you do that? Mine is the texture of really thick cookie dough, I can't imagine being able to pipe it. But those look amazing, seriously. I did alot of Valentine's Day goodies last week and wish I had seen this first! thanks icon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:44am
post #41 of 49

well I piped it into the mold, after I painted it with the candy melts.... mine seems pretty soft before I refrigerate it.... just used the coupler size and it worked fine...

now you have me thinking I did something wrong with my cake balls.. lol.

ps. cakediva you have a super cute cookie for your avitar!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:23am
post #42 of 49

Thank you rocket and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply yours were bad, I was just having trouble understanding how to pipe it since mine is SO darn thick. But I also fridge it so I can use an ice cream scooper so maybe if I really let it come to room temperature it would be pipeable (is that a word??) icon_smile.gif

Either way, those are just perfect and I can't wait to use my Michaels coupon and go get one tomorrow. Aren't hearts always in season?? icon_lol.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:37am
post #43 of 49

cakers (again not a word..i dont think) have made up a million words icon_smile.gif so i totally get it. Don't worry I mine still taste great.. so i didn't think they were "bad.."

My michaels and joanns (where I bought them) didn't have anymore in stock.... and you want the blue ones, they are a much better size for cake pops.

hearts are always in style... icon_smile.gif good luck and post pics icon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:38am
post #44 of 49

cakers (again not a word..i dont think) have made up a million words icon_smile.gif so i totally get it. Don't worry I mine still taste great.. so i didn't think they were "bad.."

My michaels and joanns (where I bought them) didn't have anymore in stock.... and you want the blue ones, they are a much better size for cake pops.

hearts are always in style... icon_smile.gif good luck and post pics icon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:39am
post #45 of 49

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:39am
post #46 of 49

Rocketgirl899 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:41am
post #47 of 49

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 4:55pm
post #48 of 49

Those are so cute, I want to try now!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #49 of 49

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%