Possible Dumb Question About Forms....

Business By cakedivamommy Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 2:32pm by janine1972

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:18am
post #1 of 4

Maybe it is just late and my brain is not working right but I have a possible dumb question. What is the difference in a cake contract and an order form?

I know an order form is used to write the information about the actual cake and a contract states all of legalities and such. I have searched on here to get an idea as to what I need but it seems that alot of the order forms are also a contract. Do you have 1 or 2 forms that you use and have signed? I am confused, hopefully someone can help me!

3 replies
janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 7:30am
post #2 of 4

Hi Iroberts74

I have one form/contract, on there it states all about the cake, decorations etc that they have requested, then bellow that it states all the necessary contract information - so if the customer is happy with all the information, she signs this form and returns it to me - which is acceptance of the order - so the order is placed, but i also have in the contract that 50 % deposit is to be paid withing 7 days (obviously depending if it is a few months or weeks ahead of the cake - short notice cakes - i change the contract and they are to be paid in full a.s.a.p - give them a date by when they should have paid it)

So then your customer and yourself have a copy of what is to be made, and what your terms and conditions etc are!

I hope this helps you

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 10:00am
post #3 of 4

Since I cater, I have order forms for food, chocolate fountains, drinks, cakes, appetizers, etc. These spell out the details of what they are ordering.

I also have a Terms of Agreement (what many would call the contract). This spells out the terms of our agreement such as delivery, payment, what services are covered (no, I am NOT a cleaning service or maintenance crew), etc.

The order forms and the Terms together constitute our contractual agreement.

My Terms are attorney approved, which I recommend for any contract that is created.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for that info indydebi - sure helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%