Does This Cake Need More?

Decorating By bizatchgirl Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 4:03am by bizatchgirl

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:31am
post #1 of 9

I did this one different from my last two belly cakes. I was going to do the skirt in a separate piece, thinking kind of like where the fabric down toward the hem is different color and separated by a ribbon, and pleated. I couldn't get it to look how I wanted, so I just left the skirt off.

Now the cake is in it's box, and waiting for pick up tomorrow, and it's just driving me nuts. Does it need a skirt, or is it just my cake OCD kicking in?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1312662

8 replies
paolacaracas Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 9

It's looking cute, but without the skirt looks more like a big easter egg to me, it needs the skirt to be perfect.

TTran Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #3 of 9

It's very pretty but I do think a skirt will make it look complete. Just my opinion.

dance2874 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:42am
post #4 of 9

I think it looks ok as is, it doesnt look unfinished or anything...but I would probably add the skirt because it would haunt me if I felt it needed it, lol.

mom2spunkynbug Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:43am
post #5 of 9

It's very nice - you did a great job...

...but it does look like it's missing something. When I did my belly cake, for the skirt, I rolled the fondant a little thicker & I didn't push the fondant on to the cake...so it had some "flow" to it (http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=259243)

At this point though, I don't know if I'd do anything to it if it's already finished. I think someone mentioned a ruffle at the bottom on your comments - that might look cute!

jamiekwebb Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:43am
post #6 of 9

Nah it looks ok to me.

volleyball47 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:45am
post #7 of 9

i think it might need a skirt..because it looks more like a swimsuit right now...but if you do decide to leave it i think it will be fine! looks great!

tastyart Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:53am
post #8 of 9

I vote for a skirt or ruffle.

bizatchgirl Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 4:03am
post #9 of 9

Thanks all! You all basically said what I was thinking, it needs more. Just doesn't look right without the skirt.

Easter egg, LOL. I'd rather take the swimsuit comment, if I get to pick icon_biggrin.gif

mom2spunkynbug, that's how I usually do mine too, but I cut this one tight to the cake because I wanted the skirt a different color icon_sad.gif

I have until like 9a to deliver. I think I'm going to bed for now and get a fresh start tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

Thank all for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%