He Ate My Board!!!!

Decorating By hallow3 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm by mommicakes

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 4

All,
I just had to tell a funny story. I had my final cake class on Thursday night. Boy, I was going to make this fabulous Butter pecan cake with Apple pie filling and buttercream frosting. I had my cake board decorated with fondant and with the little scrolls on it (Wilton Gumpast and Fondant class) all my flowers are done, daisy and the fantasy flower and a bunch of leaves. Ready for class, well let's just say the cake did not make it to class, it fell completely apart, it was too soft to begin with and did not have time to put it in the fridge to set before going to class. So I left the cake in my car and went to work the next day. I get to work and tell one of my co workers what happened and that I was going to throw the cake away when I got home and save the fondant covered board for my next cake. He tells me to bring it in anyway that everone will eat it anyway. I told him only if he went to get it out of my car. Well he came in with the cake and it was gone in 30 minutes. I left for a meeting and came back and he was eating my fondant covered cake board, my leaves and some of my daisy flowers that were in my car! I could not help but laugh at him because he is about 24 years old and acts like a little kid when I bring in cake. I walk in my office and saw this huge piece of Pink fondant hanging out of his mouth with little daisy flowers and leaves falling out of his hands. I just had to share. but the cake did taste pretty good.

3 replies
Davina_Alloway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davina_Alloway Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 4

I can only imagine how good the cake was if they're eating a fondant covered cake board. Maybe the cake was soooo good that flavor leaked into the fondant on the board... I'm stretching here... that's just crazy!!!!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 4

BWAHHHH! icon_lol.gif That's funny. I bet he gave the deer in the headlight look.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That is just way toooo funny!! Look must have been priceless!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%