Help With Apple Green Coloring

Decorating By kbgieger Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 9:04pm by dandelion56602

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:04am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a teapot cake for a bridal tea in a month. The bride's colors are red and apple green; her bridesmaids are wearing red dresses and apple green is the accent color.

I'm waiting to find out what kind of flowers she is using. I'm hoping for calla lilies!

Right now, I'm thinking about covering the teapot in white fondant, then using brush embroidery to make a red floral with apple green leaves. What's the best way to get an apple green color? Would I use leaf green with a little yellow? I'm kind of stumped right now.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Karen

5 replies
staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 6

mixing some yellow into leaf green should work...americolor's electric green also came to mind

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:01am
post #3 of 6

Stacey's suggestion sounds good.

I just wanted to say that's an interesting bridal color scheme! I'd like to see those colors together.

Good luck with the cake!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #4 of 6

I would mix green and yellow, then add a small touch of brown to take out the neon and make more apple green than lime green.

Sometimes, when mixing colors, I like to make a small amount of each color separately, then add the colors slowly to each other, rather than putting the food color in and OOPS>>>to much color.

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to post a picture when it's done.

I thought it was an interesting color scheme as well. I just can't bring myself to make the teapot red! Depending on the bride's flowers, maybe I'll work some red roses in as well.

Karen

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 6

You could do the teapot in a softer green if you want it to have a little color, then red roses would be pretty, even if red is the main color. I wouldn't b/c they'll have some "pretty" smiles if they eat red fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%